Every state rightfully celebrates on their independence anniversary.
However, as the birthday celebrations wind down for the ‘Sweet Helen of the West Indies’, it is important to reflect on the reason that there is something so much sweeter and deeper about independence day for a West Indian people. Continue reading “Happy 38 St. Lucia!”
It seems like yesterday when prayer filled the rooms at Cotton Bay Hotel as CLAS hosted its first National Prayer Breakfast. As usual it comes at a crucial time in St. Lucia. The last event was classy and well attended as intercession was made over every sector of the island. Continue reading “National Prayer Breakfast”
Case note: FirstGroup Plc (Respondent) v Paulley (Appellant)  UKSC 4.
The driver on a bus has to take further steps than a mere request to give way to ensure a wheelchair user can get on. This seems obvious and fair enough until it is noted the request also applies to buggies occupying the space.
Facts of the case are a wheelchair user was left behind at a stop because the space, with the notice ‘Please give up this space if needed for a wheelchair user’, was occupied by a buggy with a sleeping baby.
Continue reading “‘Please give up this space if needed for a wheelchair user’”
‘I want to say one thing to the American people … I did not have sexual relations with that woman …’ [Familiar?]
Continue reading “Law does not exist in a vacuum”
Gentle reminder that the dates for applications through the Pupillage Gateway has changed. The Pupillage Gateway for 2017 is officially open for Pupillage commencing 2018 – Pupillage Gateway .
The site is very user friendly so give yourself plenty of time to go through all the information contained there.
Notes to remember:
- All advertisements go through the Gateway but some Chambers do not recruit via the gateway. Consider the different dates for these Chambers.
- The deadline to submit is 7 February 2017, time is 11.00am.
- If you have not applied for a place on the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) for Autumn 2017, the deadline is on 11 January 2017 – yes 2 days!.
All the best in your applications – do take time to read over 100 times!
Please share with anyone of interest.
The contents of this post should not be taken as legal advice.
Thank you to all the new subscribers since the last post – welcome & Happy New Year!
I hope you had a truly wonderful Christmas.
My hope and prayer over all is for a 2017 filled with joy, hope, warmth, love and fulfilled promises.
Thanks for all your support this year. I finally started my blog and it is extremely humbling to visit the ‘stats’ to see readers from countries all over the world!
Nature demands that we believe in seasons. People frown on New Year’s Resolutions but it is always healthy and wise to assess your life and make new goals and plans. May it encourage you that actually it was true all along – anything is possible.
I was reminded this week that I am not super woman but 2016 was truly a great season for me & I am grateful, thank You LORD. Some highlights (goals that were set early in the year) for me included (please see the previous posts):
- A wonderful man went down on one knee and asked me to marry him – I said yes!
- Got to go home twice, including Christmas!
- Still pursuing a law degree.
- Traveled to Belarus as the first St. Lucian (passport) and won the ‘Best Speaker’ award at an international mooting competition.
- I FINALLY let my natural hair go free – so proud of myself for this one!
- I have done more reading on success.
Let us all dream our Biggest as we set new goals for 2017 – we’ve got this!